BRAVE Fishin' For the Women
1. Each boat must consist of 1 angler. Note: Under 16 years of age must fish with a partner 16 years or older and must have signed parental consent.
2. All teams must pre-register before launching. After you launch your boat, please proceed to the boat check area.
3. Late registration will begin 3 – 5pm, March 17, 2023.
4. Blast off will be at safe light. All boats must check in at Check-In Boat by 3:00 p.m.
5. Un-sportsman-like conduct will not be tolerated and will result in disqualification without a refund.
6. Minimum boat length is 14 feet and working live well, and a kill switch is mandatory.
7. Artificial lures only. No live or prepared bait is allowed.
8. Pre-fishing is allowed until 5 p.m. the day prior to the event.
9. All Federal and Provincial boating regulations must be adhered to.
10. Only Smallmouth and Largemouth Bass may be kept all other fish must be released immediately.
11. 5 Bass per team with a minimum of 15 inches in length per bass. Spotted Bass must be 12 inches in length.
12. It is at the discretion of the Tournament Director to postpone this event due to the adverse weather.
13. In the event of a tie, for any position the cash prizes for that position and the next position will be added together and distributed equally among the tied teams.
14. No locking permitted.
15. No alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs may be consumed or in possession of any competitor or boat during the Tournament hours. 4:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
16. No fishing allowed within 100 feet of another boat.
17. Decisions of the Tournament Officials are final. Protest will be allowed up to 15 minutes after the last team is weighed in.
18. Competitors may obtain fuel and/or repairs from marinas.
19. Any team disqualified for any reason will not receive a refund of entry fees.
20. All taxes on any prize awards are the responsibility of the recipient.
21. If in the opinion of Tournament Officials any fish that is judged not likely to survive will be deemed a dead fish and a .50 lb. penalty will be applied. A dead fish is not eligible for the big fish prize.
22. Personal floatation devices must be worn at all times the combustion engine is running and the kill switch must be attached to the boater.
23. It is the responsibility of the participants to bring fish up to the weigh-in from the boat, weigh bags will NOT be supplied.
24. All boats must check in with the Check-In Boat by 3:00 p.m. If an emergency situation arises please notify Officials by phone.
25. If you have any questions on the rules be sure to clarify with the Organizers prior to Blast Off.
26. THIS IS A LIVE RELEASE TOURNAMENT.
28. By registering for this tournament, you (angler and co-angler) agree not to hold BRAVE® Coalition Foundation liable for any accidents before, during, or after the fishing tournament.
EMERGENCY DIAL 911
By registering for this tournament, you confirm you have read and will follow all tournament rules and terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions – Participant Agreement, Release, and Acknowledgment of Risk SignatureThis participant agreement, waiver and release cover all 2023 and 2024 BRAVE® Coalition Foundation tournaments. All contestants must sign this waiver prior to participating in a BRAVE Fishin’ for the Women tournament. By completing this Official Entry Form, paying the required entry fee, and signing this contract, I hereby enter the above BRAVE Fishin’ for the Women Tournament(s). In addition, I acknowledge that I have read, understand, and accept all the rules related to the tournament (s) and waive and release all other contestants, Scottsboro, Alabama; sponsors and their agents; BRAVE Coalition Foundation, Inc. and all tournament officials from any and all claims of personal injuries and accidents, as well as, any damaged, lost, or stolen property incurred in connection with the tournament (s). I understand that boat and liability insurance are my responsibility. I understand that a portion of the BRAVE Fishin’ for the Women entry fee is a contribution BRAVE Coalition Foundation.. By including my email address on the above form I am agreeing to opt-in to receiving information from BRAVE Coalition Foundation. I hereby grant permission to the tournament (s); Scottsboro, Alabama; sponsors and their agents; BRAVE Coalition Foundation and all tournament officials the right to publicize, videotape, photograph, and /or broadcast my name, character, likeness or voice and the fact that I was a participant and/or winner, and all other matters incidental thereto. I agree that I am not entitled to receive any royalties or other compensation in connection with such use. If I place for any prize I understand that I am responsible for paying all local, state and federal taxes, title, license, and registration as a result of my participation in the BRAVE Fishin’ for the Women tournament (s).
I agree that any contestant entered on this form, if absent from signing this Release, understands all statements, rules, and regulations stated above and has given me express permission to sign on his behalf. The contestant ratifies and approves entry in the above BRAVE Fishin’ for the Women Tournament (s) made on his/her behalf by another and agrees thereby to be bound by all the rules of the tournament (s) by signature and/or participation in the tournament. My signature/name below reflects that I have read this entire document, understand it completely, understand it affects my legal rights, and agree to be bound by its terms. References to “I”, “my”, “myself”, and other first-person references shall include any child or ward to whom I sign. FOR PARENT/GUARDIAN OF PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE (UNDER AGE 18 AT TIME OF REGISTRATION): This is to certify, that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
This must be completed by the parent or guardian of the minor who is entering the BRAVE Fishin’ for the Women tournament. Please read the following waiver & release then type the age of the minor and your name as parent/guardian acknowledging that you have read the waiver & release.